Free Webinar - Sales is from Mars, Marketing is from Venus
Date: Thursday April 26, 2012
Time: 3:00pm EST / 12:00pm PST
Duration: 29 Minutes
One of the biggest reasons for conflict is that sales and marketing play by a different set of rules. Sales are quota and “what did I close today” driven. Marketing is brand and “how many people came to my open house” driven.
Like it or not, sales and marketing departments are stuck with each other. They may not get along but they both work for the same employer. John Grey in his book “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus,” talks extensively about the differences between men and women and why they always seem to have struggles in their relationships. Sales and marketing departments are also in a relationship and they’re different. Sometimes the differences are so great that you might think they’re on different planets.
Join us for 29 minutes as Jennifer Young (Director of Sales, Miller Heiman), Doug Jordan (President, AFC Consulting) and Darryl Praill (Marketing Consultant, OnPath Business Solutions) discuss the blunt truth about why sales and marketing can’t seem to get along and what you can do about it. You’ll learn:
1. Why sales keeps wondering what marketing does all day.
2. Why marketing feels that sales doesn’t appreciate all the little things they do.
3. Why sales can’t understand why marketing doesn’t just send them good leads.
4. Why marketing feels that sales doesn’t appreciate the time it takes to get good leads.
5. Why sales and marketing can only seem to get along when focused on a single task.
What planet are you from? Register today. Can't attend? No problem. Just register for the event and a few days after the live session, a link to the recorded version will be emailed to you.